- About MASA
- Government Relations
- Member Toolbox
- 90 Days to Success
- Administrator Certification
- Continuing Conversations
- Contract, Evaluation and Retirement Toolkit
- Courageous Journey
- Educator Evaluation Resource Center
- Executive Coaching and Mentoring
- Interim Administrator Services
- Media Library
- Newer Superintendent Services
- Save Time and Money
- School ADvance: Administrator Evaluation System
- School Leadership Briefing
- Superintendent's Year
- Star Thrower Video Resources
- Member Discount Programs
|Ten Tips for Dealing with the Media||21.39 KB|
|ACT to SAT Communication Center.pdf||84.26 KB|
|Michigan Timeline on Assessment.pdf||256 KB|
The MASA communications department is committed to facilitating knowledge-sharing publications and building innovative collaboration and networking tools.
ACT to SAT in 2016
Frequently Asked Questions (Governor’s Office)
The SAT Transition…An FAQ (MASSP)
In the News:
“Michigan to dump ACT for SAT as high school requirement”
Detroit Free Press
“ACT vs SAT: Breaking it down”
Detroit Free Press
“What Michigan’s switch to the SAT means for high school students,”
by Patrick O’Connor, Bridge Magazine
"Switch from ACT to SAT 'monumental,' but Michigan State official expects little impact on college admissions"
by Kyle Feldsher, MLive
School Funding in 2014
- Resource Center--tools, talking points and graphics to explain Michigan's school funding picture
- "Classrooms and Kids" campaign
- MEA "Stand Up For Kids, Not CEOs" website
Online Learning: Section 21f
- Michigan's K-12 Virtual Learning Effectiveness Report (3.28.14)
- MASA Council discussion (2.19.14)
- Resources from Michigan Virtual University (MVU)
- Member-share: Has your district developed a management tool or best practice you can share? Submit to email@example.com.
- The Conservative Case for the Common Core (WSJ commentary by W. J. Bennet, 9.10.14)
- Sample op-ed or newsletter column for superintendents
- Policy Brief (fact sheet)
- Draft Board resolution
- Video: "Perspectives on the Common Core State Standards with Superintendent Dave Sipka"
- NSPRA Common Core Communication Network
- Common Core Michigan Coalition Group: resource library available by contacting David Zeman of Ed-Trust Michigan.
Connecticut shooting--helping schools and families cope
- National Association of School Psychologists crisis tips and resources (specifically this guidance for administrators)
- Debriefing: Taking your pulse after another’s crisis can improve the health of your school district (Kent ISD)
- Sample letter to parents following the Connecticut tragedy
- Resources for parents & teachers from Edutopia
- Resources sent by Superintendent Mike Flanagan 12.17.12
The following is a comprehensive list of publications available from MASA:
A bi-weekly email newsletter is sent to all members. Articles include original content, articles submitted by other associations, vendors, and news stories from across the state. [Read More]
Daily News Briefs
MASA sends out two daily e-mail messages to our members. The "MASA Morning News" contains headlines and articles from around the state related to superintendents and educations. The second e-mail, "Michigan Political Pulse," gathers links to the day's government related news stories.
Online Media Library
Beginning in 2011-12, members will have access to high-quality, leadership development media on a members-only section of the website. The new Online Media Library is still under development but will include: Webinars; Hot Topic Podcasts; MASA EDtalks; Leading Change features; and Emerging Leaders podcasts. Do you have a topic you would like to present or see covered? Submit a Media Library proposal.
Members of the media seeking comment or our recent press releases should visit our Press Page. Resources are available for convenient download.
90-Days to Success Toolkit A collection of resources for new superintendents. The toolkit includes audio tracks from experienced education leaders, plus 90 quick tips - one for each of your first 90 days on the job. [
School Leadership Briefings (Formerly Audio Journal) MASA has partnered with School Leadership Briefings to make available monthly audio interviews with some the nation's leading experts on education, administration and leadership. Members with full-access subscriptions can receive SB-CEUs at an affordable rate. [Read More]
Supplementary reports E-mailed when late information on current issues would be valuable to our members.
Brochures, pamphlets and position papers Covering subjects of special interest are occasionally prepared and distributed to members.
Director e-mails Sent out to members once or twice a month providing encouraging words and updates on current issues of interest to school leaders.
Communications/Bargaining Toolkit Produced in collaboration with Michigan Association of School Boards, this guide will walk you through some of the most difficult challenges you may face during the bargaining process [Read More]
The Value of Administrators Explains the role and responsibilities of superintendents, central office administrators, and principals, and the importance of these positions to effective school district functions. [Read More]
Do you have news or information to share with members that’s interesting, impressive, or just plain fun? The staff of the MASA Leader invites you to contribute in several ways. If you have something you would like to share, send it through our submission form.
Members in the News
Send news clippings that mention you or other members. This could include news about awards, new programs or staff/student accomplishments.
Write a feature article from 300-1000 words describing research, best practices, or even opinion about hot topics MASA members care about: management; instructional or organizational leadership; staff, parent, board or community relationships; grassroots or legislative activity; communication; using data to make decisions; or more.
On the Job
Share a tidbit about life as a leader: a quick tip, a humorous incident, or a child saying “the darndest thing.”
Send photos of you, your staff, or students in action. (Just be sure all student photos are released for publication.)
Advertising opportunities in the Leader are handled by the publisher, Apogee Publications. MASA sponsors and business affiliates are eligible for discounted rates. For details, contact Kathleen Pishotta, Apogee Sales Manager, at (888) 371-4933.