- About MASA
- Government Relations
- Member Toolbox
- Development Tools
- Induction Tools
- Support Tools
With the passage of a series of new laws in 2010 and 2011, and Michigan lawmakers enacted a requirement that Michigan schools implement enhanced performance evaluation systems. Further, they required that schools use this system, at a minimum, to inform decisions regarding teacher effectiveness, promotion, retention, professional development and tenure.
Taking a step forward, Governor Snyder on November 5, 2015, signed into law Public Act 173 of 2015, which provides the guidance and clarifications schools have needed in order to move forward in implementing the required educator evaluation systems.
In response, MASA has compiled the following resources to help answer your questions and assist you in designing and implementing a performance evaluation system.
Current guidance and resources:
- NEW! Educator Evaluation at a Glance—Highlights district requirements under MCL 380.1249 UPDATED for 2015-16
- Policy Brief on House-passed SB 103 (H-8)
- Educator Evaluation 2015-16 Update-P. Reeves Oct. 2015
- Educator Evaluation Updates for 2015
- In-depth legal analysis for 2015 (Barb Ruga, Clark-Hill)
Older guidance documents
- Final MCEE report released to Legislators (July 2013)
- School ADvance by MASA/Michigan ASCD recommended for administrator evaluation. Learn more...
- MASA/Michigan ASCD Assumptions and Framework for Educator Evaluation
- MASA/Michigan ASCD Testimony (12.7.11) before the Governor's Council on Educator Effectiveness
- Educator Evaluation FAQ--updated 10.28.11
- School ADvance evaluation system for administrators -- MASA, in collaboration with Michigan ASCD, has developed an evaluation system. Rubrics are now available for school principals and central office administrators, including superintenents. Training and Support available
- MASA Superintendent Evaluation Toolkit
If your district is making progress toward data-informed educator evaluations or compensation plans, consider sharing it here. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Use the links at right to navigate through the resource categories