- About MASA
- Government Relations
- Member Toolbox
- Development Tools
- Induction Tools
- Support Tools
The governing structure of MASA begins with its ten regions throughout Michigan. The input of members into this organizational structure helps form the goals of MASA. MASA staff works every day to help accomplish these goals.
Representation for all public K-12 and intermediate school districts is accomplished through these regions. Members in each region meet regularly to enhance communication and professional growth. Your local representation is further developed by electing members from each region to sit on the statewide MASA Council. The Council meets monthly and sets the general policies and goals of the Association.
The Executive Board is composed of seven members elected on a statewide basis. The Executive Board oversees the daily operations of MASA.
MASA maintains three standing committees focused on specific goals integral to our mission of providing unity and leadership for the continuous improvement of public education in Michigan. Committees advise the Board and Council on major educational issues.
2015-16 Executive Board
- President - Sue C. Carnell, Westwood Community Schools
- Vice President - Michele Lemire, Escanabe Public Schools
- Past President - John Searles, Midland County ESA
- Director - Vacant
- Director - Yvonne Caamal Canul, Lansing Public Schools
- Director - Dave Campbell, Kalamazoo RESA
- Director - David Tebo, Hamilton Community Schools
- Executive Director - Chris Wigent, MASA
There are ten regions of the state, each with representation on the MASA Council. Visit the MASA Regions page for maps, meeting minutes and more information.
Systemic School Reform Committee Recommendations (4/14)
Educator Evaluation Dialogue notes (3/14)
Growth Value Added Models Handout - This is a working document and will be updates as the need arises.
Online Learning Dialogue notes (2/14)
August 9, 2013 Presentation
- Video Clips: Clip1, Clip2
- Handout: Qualities of Effective Collaborators
- Slides: 2Adult Learners, Tomorrow