- About MASA
- Government Relations
- Member Toolbox
- 90 Days to Success
- Administrator Certification
- Continuing Conversations
- Contract, Evaluation and Retirement Toolkit
- Courageous Journey
- Educator Evaluation Resource Center
- Executive Coaching and Mentoring
- Interim Administrator Services
- Media Library
- Newer Superintendent Services
- RDI & Mobile Device Toolbox
- Save Time and Money
- School Leadership Briefing
- Solutions Center
- Superintendent's Year
There is still time to nominate yourself or a peer to become 2013 Superintendent of the Year. Nomination packets have been mailed to board presidents at each district, and are also online at www.aasa.org/content.aspx?id=3404. Anyone can nominate a superintendent for recognition: boards, peers, community members. Self nomination is acceptible as well.
Each candidate is judged on the following criteria:
- Leadership for Learning – creativity in successfully meeting the needs of students in his or her school system.
- Communication – strength in both personal and organizational communication.
- Professionalism – constant improvement of administrative knowledge and skills, while providing professional development opportunities and motivation to others on the education team.
- Community Involvement – active participation in local community activities and an understanding of regional, national, and international issues.
MASA uses the AASA nomination form and application packet for its selection process in naming the Michigan Superintendent of the Year. So any board or superintendent seeking recognition simply needs to follow the AASA process described at www.aasa.org/content.aspx?id=3404 or at the MASA Awards page at www.gomasa.org/superintendent-year.
To be clear: one nomination form, followed by one application, makes a superintendent eligible for consideration for state and national recognition. MASA will also forward to region presidents copies of all the applications we receive from their respective regions. (Check with your own region president to ask if they plan to use any additional or different forms for their selection process.)
To pursue the Superintendent of the Year process for 2012-13:
Step 1: Nominator must complete the AASA nomination form and return it to AASA. AASA will inform MASA who has been nominated in early August.
Step 2: Nominees will need to complete the entire AASA application packet and submit it to MASA by September 30. MASA will forward the packet to your region president for their consideration in selecting regional superintendents of the year.
Step 3: Follow up with your region president to see if your region requires additional forms or procedures. Regions are encouraged to select their recipients in mid-to-late October.
Step 4: Wait! MASA state selection committee will review all applications and name a Michigan Superintendent of the Year in November.