- About MASA
- Government Relations
- Member Toolbox
- 90 Days to Success
- Administrator Certification
- Continuing Conversations
- Contract, Evaluation and Retirement Toolkit
- Courageous Journey
- Educator Evaluation Resource Center
- Executive Coaching and Mentoring
- Interim Administrator Services
- Media Library
- Newer Superintendent Services
- RDI & Mobile Device Toolbox
- Save Time and Money
- School Leadership Briefing
- Solutions Center
- Superintendent's Year
- Member Discount Programs
MASA and MAISA have prepared an AYP-Focus School communication guide to assist districts in explaining the impact of the recent No Child Left Behind (NCLB) waiver and release of school report cards. The guide includes links to additional resources and a special section on the new Focus School designation and concerns it has raised.
We hope you find this guide useful as you communicate with your stakeholders on this important issue. We welcome your feedback and suggestions, and will update the guidelines using your input.
View a related video by MASA member, Vicki Markavich, superintendent of Oakland Schools.