- About MASA
- Government Relations
- Member Toolbox
- 90 Days to Success
- Administrator Certification
- Continuing Conversations
- Contract, Evaluation and Retirement Toolkit
- Courageous Journey
- Educator Evaluation Resource Center
- Executive Coaching and Mentoring
- Interim Administrator Services
- Media Library
- Newer Superintendent Services
- Save Time and Money
- School ADvance: Administrator Evaluation System
- School Leadership Briefing
- Superintendent's Year
- Star Thrower Video Resources
- Member Discount Programs
Reports released by the What Works Clearinghouse (WWC) this week review the existing research on two programs: Investigations in Number, Data, and Space® and LANGUAGE!®.
Investigations in Number, Data, and Space® is an activity-based K–5 math curriculum designed to help students understand number and operations, geometry, data, measurement, and early algebra. Based on the research evidence, the WWC found Investigations in Number, Data, and Space® to have potentially positive effects on mathematics achievement for elementary school students. To read the full WWC report, go to http://ies.ed.gov/ncee/wwc/interventionreport.aspx?sid=242.
LANGUAGE!® is a language arts intervention designed for struggling learners in grades 3–12 who score below the 40th percentile on standardized literacy tests. The WWC found that LANGUAGE!® has no discernible effects on reading fluency or comprehension for adolescent readers. Learn more at http://ies.ed.gov/ncee/wwc/interventionreport.aspx?sid=621.