- About MASA
- Government Relations
- Member Toolbox
- 90 Days to Success
- Administrator Certification
- Continuing Conversations
- Contract, Evaluation and Retirement Toolkit
- Courageous Journey
- Educator Evaluation Resource Center
- Executive Coaching and Mentoring
- Interim Administrator Services
- Media Library
- Newer Superintendent Services
- RDI & Mobile Device Toolbox
- Save Time and Money
- School Leadership Briefing
- Solutions Center
- Superintendent's Year
Are you ready to spend 80 percent of your budget?
Are you considering layoffs under the law?
Are you ready to go to impasse?
Plan now to "Warm Up Your Labor Relation Skills." Join us February 23-24 when MASA joins forces with MASB and MSBO to help get you and your board ready for labor negotiations. The content of this conference has recently been modified to include a general session discussion/direction on how to prepare for layoffs under the new law. Implementing the law will be challenging and time consuming, we’re plowing new ground! You’ll get suggestions and guidance from a panel of expert school labor attorneys, as well as a simple tool for, “scoring” your teachers in accord with the new law.
Additionally at this conference you will hear about:
- Identifying and Responding to Union Tactics
- Understanding and Managing the Impasse Process
- Principles of Contract Language
- Strategies for Dealing with Prohibited Subjects of Bargaining
- Financial Trends in Settlements
- Basic Negotiations for Beginners
- Bargaining Health Insurance
If you are in your first few years as a superintendent we strongly encourage you to consider attending this conference. Labor negotiations is time consuming, complex and one of the more controversial aspects of your job. This conference will provide you with vital information and survival tactics!
Bring your board/bargaining team members with you so you can learn together, hear the same message, and make sure you start and end negotiations on the same page!