- About MASA
- Government Relations
- Member Toolbox
- Development Tools
- Induction Tools
- Support Tools
The Michigan Department of Education recommends using one of the two administrative evaluation tools below when conducting administrator evaluations. School districts, intermediate school districts and public school academies are not limited to only using these evaluation tools.
- MASA School ADvance Administrator Evaluation Instrument
- Reeve Leadership Performance Rubric
The School ADvance Administrator Evaluation System is an adaptable system of rubrics, descriptors, processes and protocols to guide districts in the key work of evaluating and developing the performance of all school administrators—including the superintendent.
Developed through a partnership between MASA, Michigan ASCD, and K12 Evaluation Solutions, School ADvance establishes research-supported domains of principal and district administrator evaluation and developmental rubrics mapped to each domain.
The School Advance System includes three essential components:
- Evaluation Tools to help districts not only comply with State requirements to annually evaluate principals, district administrators and superintendents, but also use the results to stimulate learning, growth, and adaptation.
- Training and Support to help districts implement the School ADvance Administrator Evaluation System and provide ongoing assistance through an Implementation Network that emphasizes developing district capacity.
- GrowthPLUS Systems Design and Development to help all district leaders create an integrated evaluation system focused on learning, growth, and adaptation. GrowthPLUS is appropriate for schools using any State-approved system(s) for teacher and administrator evaluation.
Visit the School ADvance website at www.goschooladvance.com to learn more.